Friday, April 16, 2010

Apple Crate Bookshelves

So here's the scenario...
((dream sequence begin))
Imagine designers running to and fro, multiple trips to home depot for PVC piping and metallic silver spray paint, epoxy gel mishaps, giant silver glitter ornaments hanging from mannequin arms, and over 40 genuine apple crates shipped directly from a little apple orchard in Vermont.

Then comes the news... "Holiday Concept is cancelled."
((dream sequence fade out))

I know...it's heart breaking right!? All that hard work and stress for nothing...
So, after a long run of scheduling snafus at work, my team was left with over 40 apple crates that had no where to go! Now what type of a person would I be if I didn't do my best to find at least a few of these little guys a good, loving home? So, without further ado...meet the newest additions to our family!

With a quick run to our local Ace Hardware store and only a few dollars spent on 3-1/2"x1-3/8" Wide Mending Braces...6 unfinished wooden apple crates became a great bookshelf addition to our flourishing guest room. In total it took about 20 minutes to build. Not bad! Check it out..










It's so amazing to me what you can do when you turn a problem into an opportunity!

2 comments:

  1. I love this! Now I'll have to be on the lookout for crates in WNC. (Love your flourishing guest room. I miss it a bit.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww well you'll have to stop by when you come back in the summer for a glass of wine and to reminisce!

    ReplyDelete